Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Have aprillia mana 850 gt motorcycle, drove it yesterday but

Customer Question

Have aprillia mana 850 gt motorcycle, drove it yesterday but it gave a warning light for oil for the first time. Ran perfectly. Went to start it this morning, when I pressed the ignition button all I was a click. Is light are on and the bike normal. Any ideas what this might be
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Richard and welcome back to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you checked the oil level?

Still, let's check/review the basics. Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done) :

• • re-inspect the battery, its ground lines and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring ;
  • • more importantly, have the battery externally charged; and
  • • then also have the battery LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).