Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1996 PC800. I'm trying to change the, but I can't

Customer Question

I have a 1996 PC800. I'm trying to change the carburetor, but I can't get the dang things off. I've disconnected everything the manual says to disconnect and loosened the lock rings at the bottom of each carb, but it won't budge.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: 1996 Honda PC800, Pacific Coast
JA: What is the model of your '96 motorcycle?
Customer: PC800
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think The carb jets and maybe the carbs themselves are gummed up. I found a cleaned salvaged set of carbs on eBay for less than the service call, but so far I can't get the old carbs off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just need to know if there is some trick or technique or brutality I need to use to get the old carbs off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

IN some cases if the carb's are gummed up completely they may be stuck to the gasket and engine.You can try to carefully rock them to see if they come off then.Or try to spray a lubricant around the base of them to see if they remove.If this does not work or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete