Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2014 yfz450r quad slipper clutch I decided to do a clutch

Customer Question

2014 yfz450r quad slipper clutch I decided to do a clutch freshing up because the quad is for my company I do not ride this quad often but the clutch felt weak compared to my new racing 450r so I installed the genuine Yamaha clutch kit replacing the disc, springs an gasket an oil, I was very carful to install the disc exactly in order as the Yamaha kit instructed , I soaked disc in oil and used the part numbers to put disc in order. After completed the lever is hard to compress and I can only get clutch to engage as the lever is all the way out, works great but I can't adjust to start engaging at half lever . Secondly seems as is not locking in , meaning the quad doesn't spin the tires easy is like the clutch is slipping, I read other forms and was recommended to adjust the clutch at the motor an that the seeming to not lock up is because not broke in yet... I haven't field tested just couple hundred feet of riding in my yard
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is any adjustment with the clutch components I would see if an adjustment corrects this here.If there is no adjustment then I would double check that the correct clutch components were installed for this model here.If these are all o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete