Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2001 Honda foreman 450 electronic shift is not

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Honda foreman 450 electronic shift is not working you can shift manually I replaced the angle sensor did not change anything it is not flashing a code through the neutral light what else do I need to look at?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '01 Honda?
Customer: Foreman 450 es
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it my self I have changed the angle sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: You can shift it manually fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any broken or damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced.If a fault is found with any wiring being damaged,shorted or even broken the wiring will need repaired to resolve this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete