Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have a 2012 can am spyder RSS SE5 and the check transmission

Customer Question

have a 2012 can am spyder RSS SE5 and the check transmission light comes on. I was just on it and I rode it about 5 miles, stopped and was off it for just 3 or 4 minutes and when I started it back up and went to leave it started lurching when I throttled it.
JA: Have you checked the transmission fluid?
Customer: I tried finding info on how to check it but am unable to find any info
JA: Are you fixing your Spyder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to check the tranny fluid but am unsure how to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this can require a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to read out the fault codes as well as use their special tools to check the fluid level and test components to pinpoint the fault.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead I can see if anyone else can help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete