Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Honda Fourtrax rancher 2007 the neutral light

Customer Question

I have a Honda Fourtrax rancher 2007 the neutral light flashes very quickly and i hear a clicking sound in the rear of the four wheeler. I worked on the carborater and unplugged some of the wiring harness i put it back together and this is what is happening now.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: as soon as i put it back together i had some water in the tank and i removed all of it and it was still sputtering so i wanted to check the carborator but its fuel injected so there is no bowl for water to collect in on the carb
JA: What is the model of your '07 Honda?
Customer: Fourtrax Rancher i think es it is four wheel drive and push button shift on the handle.
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i stop when this problem started so im asking for suggestions should i pull it apart again and make sure the harness is plugged in correctly kind of hard to screw up cause the plugs only go in one way.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i cant think of anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would take it apart to inspect all harnesses and connections to see if any wiring was damaged or if any terminals were bent in any of the connections causing this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete