kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph

I'm looking into the options of studying motorcycle

Hi there, I'm looking into the options of studying motorcycle mechanics. I wanted to get the perspective from an a motorcycle mechanic themselves if you think this is something definitely worth while? Also, I'd be a mature age apprentice, do you think this may hinder or be on my side? Also, do any tafe's allow doing your apprenticeship while studying or do you specifically have to get your cert 3 first before starting an apprenticeship?

Good morning, it's defintely a career that can make you a good living and has room for growth and decent demand. Being older will work for you as far as better information retention and self discipline go. It's also a little easier to find a job vs younger guys who employers might have reservations about their work ethics.

Most shops would hire someone on while in school but you would be limited to the scope of work you did and likely supervised closely. Both good things as you can pick up tips and tricks from older techs to augment what you learn in school, nothing beats real world experience.

My final bit of advice is to research schools and look for one's with good job placement programs and percentages.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks mate