Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1986 Honda Magna 700cc. I tried to bleed the clutch

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Honda Magna 700cc. I tried to bleed the clutch today. I ended up taking the Master cylinder and the slave cylinder apart and cleaning them. I cant get the clutch to stiff when I bleed it.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No the clutch was not slipping and I was not have trouble shifting. I was bleeding it because the clutch would not engage until it the lever was almost fully releasted
JA: What is the model of your '86 Honda?
Customer: Magna 700cc
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to fix it myself .. I tried to bleed the clutch today. I ended up taking the Master cylinder and the slave cylinder apart and cleaning them. I cant get the clutch to stiff when I bleed it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that should be it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible the cups or seals in the master or slave cylinder are damaged or collapsed and caused this issue here.I have seen this occur before with these needing rebuilt or replaced to correct this fault.I would have these checked/tested to see if this is the cause here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know before rating my help so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I correct the problem this morning. After reading several articals on the internet I rebleed the clutch but this time I bled the bolts just off the master cylindar and at the slave cylinder which correct the problem
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

That is great to hear.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete