Emrys, ASE Certified
Experience:  11 years as lead tech, performance and race team exp.

2005 Polaris ranger won't start with key starts and runs

Customer Question

2005 Polaris ranger won't start with key starts and runs great after jumping the solenoid. Installed new solenoid same situation what am I missing
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Emrys replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I would be happy to help you on this. There are two parts to the solenoid, the primary and the secondary. The secondary is the connection that allows the power from the battery to flow to the starter, the primary is a second switch that activates the secondary. If you get it to start by bypassing the solenoid and you have replaced the solenoid itself, the issue would lie between the key and the solenoid. This could be the key switch itself or the wiring that goes from the key to the solenoid.Do you have access to a multimeter? If so I can walk you through the process of testing to locate the issue.