Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004

I have a 07 street glide just recently i was at bike week in

Customer Question

I have a 07 street glide just recently i was at bike week in oc md my oil temp went up to360 deg and it was nocking so i changed the filter it worked for a little than did it again but I don't know if it was because of the stop and go traffic and heat also it has a stage 3 tuner with true dual 4" mufflers I just rode it again doing another trip which in turn wasn't as hot and moderate traffic but I'm just wandering if it's getting oil just curious of your answer
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 24 days ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I would appreciate the opportunity to help with your question.

Expert:  Steve replied 24 days ago.

it's getting oil.

it's just a crappy oil pump.

the easiest thing you can do is switch to Royal Purple Max Cycle 20w-50 synthetic oil.

if you want to fix it completely, replace your oil pump with a Fueling oil pump from Zippers and add an oil cooler.

let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 days ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,