TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I have a 1983 200e Big Red Honda, I wish to know how you get

Customer Question

I have a 1983 200e Big Red Honda, I wish to know how you get the drive sprocket out. I removed the sub transmission, i can slide the gear on the shaft but thier is an inner seal in the way & the sprocket is to large for removal. Do I have to remove the engine & tear is completely apart to get to he transmission to remove the gear, & install a new one. Thank you
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I think you did not read my message...nothing to do with electrical just drive sproket removal on a 1973 honda big red atc 200e
JA: Are you fixing your 200E yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes & I have removed the sub transmission & the the chain out & the rear sproket off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 4 months ago.

Here is a link to a parts diagram for reference:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/506f90d5f8700229747b97d8/left-spacer-cover-sub-trans-cover

You must remove the inner cover #1 to get the sprocket off.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need more help with this problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately you did say what all I have to remove to get the inner cover off. like the pull starter, the alternator. & I have no special tools to hold the crankshaft to remove the rotor on the alternator or what ever it is called. Being a mechanic for over 40 years your explanation leaves a lot to be desired................I like the picture but that is as far as my liking goes..........
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I will opt out