Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Customer Question

2002 AT BOY WON'T SHIFT INTO 3RD 4TH 5TH GEAR .i HAVE TO STOMP ON THE SHIFT LEVER TO GET IT INTO GEAR .It just won't click to gear. Ive adjusted clutch an drive chain.The trans mission oil looks clean.Whats wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal mechanical fault in the gear box/transmission itself.I have seen forks and components that can bind up or fail and cause this internally needing replaced.Unfortunately this will have to be checked/tested further to pinpoint the source of the fault and then from there repaired to correct this issue.This may be best done by a repair facility that works on this model or a dealers repair facility.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks but you didnt help me at all.i figured the transmission needed work.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I apologize.I posted as I saw no one else here had responded.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete