Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I removed a power commander II from my road. Before I

Customer Question

I removed a power commander II from my road king. Before I removed it all lights worked as they should but after removal the high beam indicator is always on although headlight and passing lamps are very dim if lights are set to dim and passing lamps on, if you select high beams then no lights at all, if your turn off passing lamps then no lights at all BUT high beam indicator always on. If I re-install power commander no change.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: checked fuses, they're goo. bulbs must be good as they light dimly when set to low beams with passing lamps on.
JA: What year is your Commander?
Customer: quite old, purchased around 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the power commander because I was having some drivability issues and wanted to see if it was perhaps the cause.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible an electrical component like a control unit or relay shorted when the commander was removed and caused this fault here.I would check and make sure all wiring is o.k. in the area of removal and if this is o.k. this will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete