Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Dash is flashing all error lights till we play with ignition

Customer Question

Dash is flashing all error lights till we play with ignition barrel when we get it right everything works again including powersteering and*****all stops when we rattle it again
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yep all are good and works when we get it to also missing neutral comes up with a dash in its place
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: Last year 500 with powersteering
JA: What year is your motorcycle?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes nothing really other than wriggling key as all systems seem to work when key is in a certain place
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Power steering was the first error to start dropping it out completely has been like that for a couple weeks but today when we played with keys and got all error lights off dash powersteering error was gone and worked till errors came back up ps light is on solid engine and 4x4 light flash on and off we have 2 bikes doing same thing thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with the ignition switch itself.I have seen ignition switch failure in the past before cause issues like this here needing replaced.If you have not had the ignition switch checked/tested at all this needs done.If a fault is found it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete