Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2015 polaris sportsman 1000xp eps quits working when i

Customer Question

my 2015 polaris sportsman 1000xp eps quits working when i turn the wheels then the eps light comes on i thought it might be a weak battery but i took the battery and had it tested under load and it stays around a thousand amps so then i changed my eps relay and still the same problem. anyways i crank the machine and if i do not turn the handle bars the eps motor runs cause i can hear it running and feel it running but as soon as i turn the wheel just a tiny bit the eps stops working and the steering wheel symbol pops up with a exlimation mark beside it does any one know what i can do to fix this
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like broken or damaged wiring in the steering column or near it causing this issue here only when turning.If you have not had the wiring inspected for any damage or issues this needs done and if any faults are found they will need corrected.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete