Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

I have pressure at the master cylinder. I bled the lines at

Customer Question

I have pressure at the master cylinder. I bled the lines at the master cylinder and down on the bottom. I put new fluid in the system. Lower bleeding seemed weak, more like gravity draining than pressure pushing out.Should I be getting pressure on the bot***** *****ke when you bleed brakes? Clutch lever is very soft, when everything is connected,but pressure when I disconnect and hold my finger over the cylinder connection. Again it has not been moved for a year.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

When you squeeze the lever fluid should shoot out of the bleed fitting on the slave cylinder. If not then there is a restriction somewhere in the system. If there is good pressure to the slave cylinder hose fitting then the restriction is inside the slave cylinder.

Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

First try removing the bleed fitting to be sure it is not clogged. It is the first place that builds up rust and corrosion. You can usually clean it with a very small drill bit or piece of wire.