TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.

1995 1500 gold wing trike been setting for a year bled

Customer Question

1995 1500 gold wing trike been setting for a year bled hydraulic clutch does not work. runs good in neutral. i can crank it in gear and drive it clutch lever does not work. Do i need to continue to bleed?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no problems shifting no slipping
JA: Are you fixing your Gold Wing yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing myself. Everything was fine when i rode it last. It has been setting in my garage for a year. Has not been moved. I put a new battery and drained the gas. Fired right up. the clutch want work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need to drain all fluid out of the clutch and put in new ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

If you are certain that you have bleed all of the air out of the system and the clutch still does not function then the most likely problem is the clutch master cylinder on the lever assembly needs to be rebuilt. This is not to difficult to do but does require the use of a small snap ring pliers to remove the small snap ring on the master cylinder in order to get the piston assembly out to replace it.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply back to this question if you find you need further assistance with this problem.