Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Kawasaki Brute ForceI have problems with 4x4 does

Customer Question

hello I have a Kawasaki Brute Force(###) ###-####I have problems with 4x4 does not work and the screen changes to 4wd 2wd seconds someone can help me
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault mechanically in one of the gear boxes on your vehicle causing this fault here needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the gear boxes checked for any issues this needs done to see if a fault is found.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello if you still need help check the actuator 4x4 and proceeded to change the 2 and still the problem persists do not know if would have to check something else?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Do you hear any noises when trying to shift in and out of 4wd?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

O.k.,is there any abnormal grinding when driving in 2wd or when trying to switch to 4wd?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on the screen keeps changing 2wd to 4wd in seconds
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

This is a difficult question to fully answer from here but this may be a 2wd/4wd position sensor at fault sending erratic signals or an issue with a control module/ecu that sends the signals on what position the gear box is in that is causing this here needing replaced.

Unfortunately it may be best to have this professionally tested/checked further with the correct tools to locate which component is the cause and from there then repaired.I suspect one of these is the cause here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
knows where the sensor is located and what the module ecu small or big thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not show or see the locations of these myself here and I apologize for that.If you would like I can always opt out and allow others here to see if anyone else can assist more just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this are the 2
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not know which one or if one of these are the module here.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can help further just let me know if this is what you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
okay thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Would you like me to opt out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete