Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2014 Road with Stage 3 kit. Oil light came on while riding

Customer Question

hello. 2014 Road King with Stage 3 kit. Oil light came on while riding and engine stalled. not stuck in heavy traffic just hard acceleration.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: red engine oil light
JA: What is the model of your '14 motorcycle?
Customer: Road King
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just got home. was able to restart as I kept rolling. was down less than 1/4 QT of synthetic oil and filled it. Engine temp was about 270
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine "brain" was already replaced once by Harley when bike just died on me once previously
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models an issue like this here can be caused by a faulty oil level sensor sending an incorrect signal.If this has not been checked/tested this should be done to see if this needs replaced.If this was or is already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete