Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My 2005 1000sd multistrada is hard to start. it just

Customer Question

My 2005 1000sd multistrada is hard to start. it just sitsthere and goes grunt grunt grunt. then after 15 minutes it starts. is the battery screwy? it show 12.8 volts. but i have seen cases {mine} where a battery can show voltage but i's actually quite dead. it even hydroscoped ok. is that the way Ducati's start? you sort of press the button to issue a command to the machine to start itself is that so?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The battery may show voltage but may not have enough amperage to allow starting of the engine.I have seen this before.If you have not had the battery tested at all this needs done to see if this is the cause here.If this was already tested and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete