P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a harley flhtc 2004 whit 4400 kilometrs. The oil

Customer Question

i have a harley flhtc 2004 whit 4400 kilometrs . The oil pressure went 0 then came back up
and fell to 0 again. i dont't know how long i ran the bike whit zero pressure on the gage.
The oil level is ok. What do you think is the problem
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.

Expert:  P.J. replied 3 months ago.

It is unusual for your model bike to have an oil pump failure. Since the introduction of that engine model I've never seen or heard of one. The most likely cause is a failed oil pressure sending unit.

The oil pump is, of course, a man made mechanical part that could be bad as well so the only sure way to know is to remove the sending unit and connect an analog oil pressure gauge and start the bike. This will verify whether or not oil pressure exists. If it does, and is of normal pressure, then you either have a bad sending unit or bad gauge.

Again, the most likely cause is a bad sending unit but I would not suggest riding it until the pressure is verified.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.