Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I have a 2007 road glide it will crank but shuts off in

Customer Question

I have a 2007 road glide it will crank but shuts off in 30seconds are so.what could make it do this. I just replace my oil pump and cranking sensor. I'm lost. Could I have bad 02 sensor.i also had to ride in heavy rain the other day could something be still wet
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

riding in the rain is one of the things Harley's are designed to do. they don't react well to being submerged, but rain is usually not an issue.

- your engine needs only 3 things to start and run:

- spark (timed ignition)

- furl (correct air/fuel mixture)

- compression.

I think we can assume you have enough compression due to your symptoms. when the engine shuts down, you need to to determine if you are losing spark or fuel. you should use a spark tester to test for spark. it is the easiest one of the two to test for.

let me know what you find.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I replace the crank sensor and it's still throwing that code
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I don't see any code mentioned in your question.

- spark (timed ignition)

- furl (correct air/fuel mixture)

- compression.

let me know what you find.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry I had replace the crank sensor and now it's still throwing that code again
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

- spark (timed ignition)

- fuel (correct air/fuel mixture)

- compression.

Please, address the spark and fuel when the engine shuts down. you are losing one or both. I can't see it from here, I need you to let me know what you find.

let me know what you find.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve