Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

2002 Fat Boy efi when my key is off my turn signal lights

Customer Question

2002 Fat Boy efi when my key is off my turn signal lights shine but do not blink. The handlebar controls do not control the lights. When i unplug the front turn signal harness the rear t/s come on and this is still with the key off. I tried to reset the T/S and security module, to no luck. I have no power to my fuel pump at all. i have a custom Dakota digital speedo which is on ok with key on. My starter works fine. Now for the embarrassing part i hooked the damn battery up backwards!!!!! I got a new battery and now im starting over, to my surprise though this many functions work. Is my ECM damaged beyond repair or t/s module? or all the above???? I am so sick of what has happened i can barely even work on it. I dont have a lot of money but i have to get this thing fixed!! i havent rode it all this summer and now its Sept. you may as well say and its still not going. Please help if possible
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I would appreciate the opportunity to help with your question.

Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

- your TSM requires replacement.

- check all fuses with an ohm meter.

- if the fuel pump fuse is good, check for a ground on the system relay on the GN/O wire.

if you have no ground on the gn/o wire, your ECM is also bad and will will require replacement.

note: the fuel relay is only energized for 4 seconds after turning the ignition on. you will need to check for a ground in that time frame.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve