Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Can't get proper tps voltage, calls for .58-.62 v closed, no

Customer Question

can't get proper tps voltage, calls for .58-.62 v closed, no adjustment left after .46. Installed new TPS, no change. 2010 RMZ 250F ( fuel injected)
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Going over these sensors because it doesn't start well
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yea, checked valve lash 1st (good), just started on tps adj.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all stock components on bike, was running ok till this, has VP t-4 fuel
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Make sure no mechanical components are causing a fault with the adjustment of the TPS.I have seen mechanical components cause this issue here needing repaired or replaced.Make sure there is no corroded or damaged wiring leading to the TPS that may be causing low voltage signals.If this is or was checked and is found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete