Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1996 Polaris 400l 4x4 I rebuilt the motor new

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Polaris 400l 4x4 I rebuilt the motor new piston and crank bearings I rode it for 2 minutes it scored the intake side of the piston what caused I was driving it on a black top road
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the piston was already deformed when it was installed this can cause this here as well as any excess play in the piston connection to the rod and/or crank.I would check and see which was the cause here.If the damage is severe to the engine block then the block may need replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete