Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1999 trx 400ex and just done a 440 big bore kit on

Customer Question

i have a 1999 trx 400ex and just done a 440 big bore kit on it now it will not shift out of first gear it was in neutral when i put the motor back on bike
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and make sure any gear shift linkage is not binding or damaged or disconnected in any way and that the shifter is moving freely.If this is checked and found to be o.k. I suspect the fault is internal in the gear box itself with it needing removed and inspected and repaired internally.Something may have come apart internally in it or was damaged causing this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete