Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I Have a 2008 Spyder Model GS5 It starts and idles for only

Customer Question

I Have a 2008 Spyder Model GS5 It starts and idles for only 5 Min's or so on "both" "cylinders"- and seems to be normal, But as the Temperature rises and reaches 30o it starts to run on only "One cylinder" and will not accept throttle. It breaks up and is impossible to ride in slow traffic parking lots etc. Thermostat has been changed also new spark plugs. Can not use my M/C in the City with slow moving Vehicles. The local Can -Am dealer has had Two attempts to fix my problem and has failed. Need big time Help. My Home phone Number is(###) ###-#### My name is*****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It would be helpful if your answer would allow me to access a Video of what is necessary to fix my problem,or part numbers of the Parts I will have to order.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Howard, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and if the sparks are present and consistent, then it would appear to be a fuel delivery/starvation issue. Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done) on suspects:

• • test fuel pump output pressure (least likely);
  • • check/clean fuel path to the cylinder that fails when hot (likely);
  • • check/clean its injector (most likely).

The video tutorial HERE on injector cleaning may shed insight.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply, today it was loaded on a flat bed transporter broken down and taken to a dealership for there opinion as to the problem. Will no longer be able to attempt to fix myself with your advice. I thank you *****
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

I understand.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to exchange information.