Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2015 FLHTCU, STAGE1 a/c, V&H slash cut mufflers, Fuel Moto

Customer Question

2015 FLHTCU, STAGE1 a/c, V&H slash cut mufflers, Fuel Moto headpipe no cat.,SEPRT. Problem get severe exhaust smell when engine braking, or getting off cruise control. Have had it dyno tuned several times by two different shops, both stating they thought it was a tuning problem, but still have exhaust smell. One HD shop replaced o2 sensors, map sensor, tried different exhaust, and did a leak down test, another shop replaced the filler neck assembley and related hoses, still stinks. Problem is much worse when trunk is removed. I have gone so far as to virtually take all fuel out or the decal enleanment table in the tuner program. It is much worse in the 2100-3100 rpm range. My air fuel ratio is not rich at all between 14.3-14.6 in above rpm range , it gets richer in the kPa range of 90-100. Bike dyno's 105 tq, 84hp. If you can help I will pay, but I've spent over a $1000.00 chasing this problem to no avail. I will say that when I first got the bike they had to replace the tranny at about 1000 miles. had them change oil and they over filled oil 1 qt. I drained after about 60 miles.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent had the wiring checked leading to the oxygen sensor see if there are any issues with wiring or connections with corrosion or damage.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bike was purchased last September new. O2 sensors replaced by dealership no codes. Wires all look good.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

This is a difficult one for me to diagnose myself here with the limited info I have on it.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete