Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a polaris 500 scrambler fuel was filling up my airbox

Customer Question

i have a polaris 500 scrambler fuel was filling up my airbox so i was taking the carburater off to check needle and seat but i dropped a nut from the bracket that holds the carb and it fell i nto where the clutch is so i took the cover off and i grabbed ahold of the clutch and turned it backwards about half a turn and the nut fell out now my motor turns very hard with plug out can barely pull the pull rope to spin engine
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: none i cant pull start or electric start it
JA: What year is your Scrambler?
Customer: 03
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i pulled the pull rope cover and turned the flywheel with a socket and ratchet i looked at the compression release
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i guess not
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and see if any damage occurred when the nut fell into the engine.If anything was bent or damaged when you backed up the engine to remove this nut this may be causing the fault here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete