Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have 99 sportsman 500 rse. i purchased as is from neighbor

Customer Question

i have 99 sportsman 500 rse. i purchased as is from neighbor that dont know much but cant get front wheels to engage. i do have power to both front wheels by using test light when i switch to 4wd but nothing. i have left front apart completly and thought there was a magnet that pulled open the parts inside wheel/brake hub.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This fault here may be due to a mechanical fault with the hubs needing repaired or replaced or the gear box itself possibly.I have seen these components act up/fail and cause issues similar to this here.This would be best to be checked over by a repair facility that has knowledge of this specific model as well as diagrams and repair equipment.If this is not an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete