Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2005 Honda Shadow Sprite VT1100, Last night I was

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda Shadow Sprite VT1100, Last night I was unable to shift into 3 4 5 gears. I was able to get home since it was allowing shifting into one two. (Just a long drive home.) The clutch lever feels like it is strong to engage just the one and two gears. The lever also can be pushed to be vertical in gear two. Other than this, it runs fine.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This may be due to a fault internally in the gear box itself with it needing removed and repaired or replaced.I would inspect the clutch linkage and make sure its o.k. (most likely it is) and if found o.k. then I suspect the gear box needs inspected to see if it needs repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete