Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I started it up and the flashers went on. I can't turn them

Customer Question

I started it up and the flashers went on. I can't turn them off. Tried hitting both signals at the same time, but nothing happens
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes it starts up fine
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2011 fatboy low
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hoping it is annoys fix
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: easy
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This type of fault here may be due to a fault with a hazard or turn signal switch (as installed) or possibly shorted or damaged wiring leading from the switch(es) needing repaired or replaced.If you have not checked for any shorted or damaged wiring this should be done first here to see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced.If the wiring is o.k. this will need tested further to see if you possibly have a faulty switch causing this fault needing replaced.I dont know if your model has an alarm system on it but this may be the cause as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete