TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I HAVE A 1968 honda cl350 scrambler. Wirin That I am

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1968 honda cl350 scrambler. Wirin
That I am restoring. Wiring works fine except the horn and starter buttons will not work .
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 5 months ago.

Try using a jumper wire from the battery to the horn to confirm it is good. If so then use a test light to verify power to the horn when the button is pressed. If no power check the contacts for the switch button in the handlebar.

Use a test light to verify power to the starter relay at the yellow/red wire when the start button is pressed. If no power disassemble the start button switch and check the contacts for corrosion. If good check the black/white wire for power to the switch.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need further assistance with this problem.