kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

12 V Rod muscle, put on a Vance & Hines header and K&N air

Customer Question

12 V Rod muscle, put on a Vance & Hines header and K&N air filter love the sound of it, instruments temp and radiator fans working normal but header gets so hot by the foot peg that burnt holes on jeans, Wrapped header with high temp lava tape but didn't help, any tips be much appreciated, thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, if it's getting that hot it's running lean. (you have opened it up alot with those two modifications) You need to look into a programmer to richen up the air/fuel mix and that should take care of it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tough the answer was going to be a lot more specific, I knew it's running lean but do I need to install a fuel pack like a Vance & Hines program or just get it reprogram to enrich the mixture or both, if so what kind of mixture shold it be and if needed what kind of fuel pack would u recommend, try to asked back to u but I'm not paying any more, sorry not satisfied at all

I'm sorry you are not satisfied, I offered a correct answer as to why the exhaust is so hot and a solution. People have many preferances for different types of programmers so I did make that part up to you.

Since you ask for more specifics in your follow up I would recomend the power commander V as seen here and ask their tech support which map they recommend for your specefic set up, they know their product better than anyone else.

That's what I've had the best results with over the years concerning how it works, tech support and general quality of the unit.