Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2004 Polaris 500 sportsman and the AWD will not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Polaris 500 sportsman and the AWD will not engage the backup switch engages but not the red button on the right handle bar. I did check the grounds and they appear to be good
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the button/switch itself.I have seen some of these fail/act up before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.I would have this switch tested to see if for sure it is the cause and to see if it needs replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete