Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

No start 2003 Goldwing GL1800A No FI or check engine light

Customer Question

No start 2003 Goldwing GL1800A No FI or check engine light on bulb test all grnds and power to ECU good fuel pump relay won't engage either but can engage it manually and still won't start I have replaced ECU can you help
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: No Light at all
JA: What is the model of your '03 motorcycle?
Customer: 1800A
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replaced ECU and tested all coils and Injectors ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not inspected over this model for any broken or damaged wiring at all this needs done.I have seen issues with broken and damaged wiring cause this fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have inspected all related wires to ECU I have A 2003 GL 1800A Goldwing I have a service manual that indicates to me power and ground to ECU are as follows B21 BLK/YEL wire and A12 BLK/YEL wire are the 2 power wires have Battery voltage The grounds are A8 GRN wire A9 GRN wire and A20 GRN wire all are good grounds. But I have no FI light when you turn the key on and fuel pump really will not engage all wires related to relay are good the ECU is supposed to ground the relay but does not I can manually engage relay fuel psi is 55 good but still won't start. I think I must be missing something I have tested all 3 ignition coils and are good I have been an Auto tech for over 40 years mostly GM but this one has me stumped. Everything points to the ECU But I purchased a new one from Honda Same result no FI light and no start
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here but someone else here may be able to assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete