Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Could you help me out with the fault explanation on a 2015

Customer Question

Could you help me out with the fault explanation on a 2015 honda trx500fa7 atv when engine light flashes 2 long bursts and then 3 rapid bursts.. O2 Sensor or Angle Sensor?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Motorcycle Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Yes, cleaned connections with electrical cleaner and applied electrical dielectric grease before reinserting connections.
JA: What is the model of your '15 motorcycle?
Customer: 2015 Honda Rubicon TRX500FA7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would prefer to replace parts on my own rather than take to Honda shop & wait 1-2weeks & 3 times the cost. I've checked & cleaned electrical connections between ecm & o2 sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

I know angle sensors can be a common fault on these but unfortunately my info is not showing what this fault code is here that is flashing.In some cases since no one has posted info here on this,you may have to obtain this info from a dealer or repair center in your are that works on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete