Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

I have a 2004 Gold wing GL1800A. Will not start. Battery is

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Gold wing GL1800A. Will not start. Battery is almost new. Can hear the relay
clicking when starter button is pushed, lights are bright. Battery booster does not help.
From a roll engine will start, reverse functions, runs great. Could it be a bad relay? Bad starter? Bad switch?
If you could give suggestions. Please help.
Chuck *.***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

Hello chuck, that sounds to me like a weak and failing starter, the best way to test would be to make sure the starter is getting power when cranking, that and also verify battery voltage is correct at the starter could always be a loose cable or bad cable with excessive resistance. i hope this helps , but the issue is voltage or starter. there is always a possibility that the relay has burned contacts so it is not letting power through,so voltage is very important. again i hope this helps, Lou P.