Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ihave a problem with reverse function. It just blurs and

Customer Question

Ihave a problem with reverse function. It just blurs and lose power in reverse gear
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: It is am atv honda trx 500 r it has gone about 350 miles
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I havent tried anything yet, I was thinking some electrical failure
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If you try to go backwards with awaggon on it this problem gets bigger. Sometimes when you just go with out any cargo it can work but you can here that it is something wrong it dosent sound correct,
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since it does move or tried to move when this occurs here this can be a fault with an internal mechanical issue in the gear box itself with it needing removed and repaired internally.I have seen on some models (and yours may not be the exact same here) where clutches or internal components in the gear box will fail and cause this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete