Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2012 tri glide starts and dies almost instantly. displays

Customer Question

2012 tri glide starts and dies almost instantly. displays EIP or tIP code. Previously would not crank until I replaced batteries in security fob
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
has fuel and fuel pump is working.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any broken or damaged wires on this model as this can cause this fault especially if wires are moving when the engine is running and shorting out or causing poor connections.If these have been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The problem was the bank angle (tip) sensor was out of position. I gave up on justanswer after not getting a timely response (2 - 3 days) and figured it out using other resources. I do not think I should be charged anything by just answer.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

That is great to hear the fault has been located.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete