Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Have a 2011 klr 650. 6700 km. on the bike. Doohickey done at

Customer Question

Have a 2011 klr 650. 6700 km. on the bike. Doohickey done at 5500 km. Am hearing a clicking/ clattering sound at speeds of 50 km/h and up. Faster you go the louder it gets. Put the clutch in the sound stops. Gets a little quieter after chain is lubed. Am told chain tension is ok.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No clutch slippage. Had one instance when bike didn't seem to shift properly about three weeks ago. Has been fine since.
JA: What is the model of your '3500 motorcycle?
Customer: Kawasaki klr 650
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried yet. Looking for place to start/cause of problem. That might dictate whether I repair or not
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only issue on the bike
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the clutch itself or one of the clutch components.I have seen some of these fail/act up in the past before and cause issues like this here with the clutch components needing replaced.I would have the clutch components inspected to see if any need replaced and if any issues are found this will need corrected to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete