P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

Have a 2011 Streetglide CVO removed the radio and now I have

Customer Question

Have a 2011 Streetglide CVO removed the radio and now I have no gauges or starter or horn
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.

Expert:  P.J. replied 2 months ago.

That's an unusual combination of circuits to have issues. Assuming you've verified all the fuses are good, the only connection between all those is the ignition switch itself. There are two power circuits leaving that switch and it seems that only one is working.

Thinking logically, what could have been disturbed just by removing the radio, the first check I would make would be at the plug that leads into the ignition switch. This plug retainer is fragile and can break easily if the wires are pulled and pressure is placed on it. If wiggling that set of wires while pushing them back toward the ignition switch doesn't help, and it appears to have a good connection, then you'll need a volt meter to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fuel pump turns on when I turn the ignition switch on along with the lights and radio
Expert:  P.J. replied 2 months ago.

Did you check the ignition wiring? Those items that turn on are powered from the opposite side of the switch.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I take it that the oil and colt gauges are on the same circuit as the blinkers as they work as does the cruise switch and auxiliary but my spotlight switch does not
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Volt gauge
Expert:  P.J. replied 2 months ago.

No, I assumed when you said no gauges were working you meant all of them. They are all powered by the same circuit so the problem will not be with the ignition switch. I'm confident you have one or more harness plugs that were accidentally loosened or wire terminal ends, likely a ground wire, that were pulled.

I don't believe I'm going to be able to help guide you further with the information you are providing. Detailed and accurate information is critical to this question and answer process. I will open up your question so that someone else may be able to assist you. Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not heard from anyone