Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

I'm spilling a lot of gas out of my intake manifold I

Customer Question

I'm spilling a lot of gas out of my intake manifold I rebuilt my carburator it ran good after 1000 miles it started spill a lot of gas in my intake manifold
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Backs fire and gas is filling the carburator from intake with dark color gas
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2006 shadow aero 750
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just replace the floater n needle after I cleaned it and replace the jets
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your quesiton.

If you are getting gas in your intake and air box, you have a carb overflowing. If it ran fine for 1000 miles and it is suddenly acting up, I suspect you have debris under the float needle preventing it from sealing against the seat like it is supposed to when the float bowl is full. You can pull the cover off the air box and remove the air filter and you should be able to see the carb overflowing when the bike is running.

Oh, along those same lines, any kind of intake restriction can cause the bike to suck more fuel out of the carb than it needs A dirty air filter will cause it to do the same thing.

The other thing to check is the oil level in your bike. Esp if the carb is overflowing, it can dump gas into the oil and make it look over filled, the also pump the hydrocarbon emissions up into the air box as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the gas is directly pulsating our of the intake hose it squats large Amt of gas in interval . I had pulled that carb 5x. cleaned it with air compressor not just replaced the floater not needle is there any way to test the footer to come if the needle is not seating right
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is this a scam
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 months ago.

This is no scam. The information you get back is equal to the quality of the information you provide. It is difficult to understand what you are saying when the terms you are using are not even remotely close to industry standards. The gas goes from the tank to the float bowl. If you are getting gas in your intake tract, which is my best guess as to what you might be talking about, it is coming via the float bowl overflowing. If you haven't found/resolved the problem, it also doesn't matter how many times you have cleaned the carb with an air compressor. I have no idea what you are calling a footer. I have been in this industry 35 years, including 8 years as a factory service rep for Yamaha, which means when a dealer couldn't fix a problem, Yamaha Motor Corp sent me in to fix it for them. Now if you want to calm down and continue, I am going to send you a link to a parts diagram so I have a fighting chance of understanding what parts you are referring to. Using terms that only mean something to you is not a fault of the system here. Your ability to accurately communicate information directly impacts my ability to assist you. Here is that link for the carb. If nothing else, just give me reference numbers for the carb parts you are talking about.