Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004

I was loading my bike onto a trailer. It bottomed out at the

Customer Question

I was loading my bike onto a trailer. It bottomed out at the top of the ramp and starting missing and sputtering. Then it lost all electrical power and died. What have I done and what is the fix? BTW, it's an '87 Suzuki Intruder 700 with shaft drive. Thanks in advance.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

look underneath.

you probably pinched a wire to the frame and shorted out your electrical system.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There was no wire underneath the frame that was pinched or shorted out. Still haven't been able to find the issue.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

in that case, the mechanical jolt of bottoming the bike may have loosened an electrical connection, resulting in a loss of all electrical power.

start by checking the battery, battery cables and all battery connections. this is something you're going to have to find.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,