Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have just purchased a 2011 Polaris diesel

Customer Question

i have just purchased a 2011 Polaris diesel Ranger...........it starts easily every time, runs smoothly with good power at speeds over 1500-1700 rpm but idles at 680 rpm (manual says 1075 is the norm) and has a lot of vibration at lower engine speeds..........no smoke, stalls, hesitation, overheating or other issues observed.........even holding the foot feed down to manually elevate idle speed to around 1100 rpm idle norm does not seem to make a whole lot of difference in the vibration level, so i am unsure that a simple idle adjustment is what is wrong...........thanks...........wes
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
total hours on this engine 983 hrs...........thx
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if any engine mounts or gear box mounts or heat shields or even exhaust components are damaged or bent causing the vibrations on this here.I have seen issues with these as the cause on several models in the past before with them needing repaired or replaced to correct this issue.If these are or were checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete