Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I am installing ape hangers on my 2014 Harley Davidson

Customer Question

I am installing ape hangers on my 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide with electronic throttle. I will use the wire extensions with plugs. My question is will I have any issues once I disconnect power from the electronic throttle or have to make any adjustments because of new length of wire?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this an electronic wire you are adding in or a cable assembly that operates the throttle that you are adding in?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I dont see any adjustments needed when installing the adapter harness.It should be a plug and play as long as it is the correct adapter harness.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete