Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Turn signals, cruise control and speakers quit working all

Customer Question

Turn signals, cruise control and speakers quit working all at once. I pulled all fuses, 1 was blown but that did not fix it. All was working Tuesday night when I parked her, noticed these issues next morning. radio comes on, accessory switch right next to cruise switch works fine, not noticing anything else wrong. where to start here?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged or shorted wiring that may be causing this fault here.I have seen shorted and damaged wiring cause an issue like this here needing repaired or in some cases even replaced unfortunately.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok can you give me a little more guidance? i realize this is probably a shorted wire since its not the fuse. where do i start on this bike specifically?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I dont show the exact diagrams on this model here myself so this makes it a little difficult to say for sure where to start but I would start at the cruise switch and turn signal switch to see if any issues are found with the wiring leading from these if you can.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK then please open this back up as that really doesnt help me Pete. Not being an a$$ just I need more guidance here to fix this than a general its a wiring issue hope you understand.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No problem

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete