Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I actually have a 2008 Polaris 500 atv. can you help with

Customer Question

I actually have a 2008 Polaris 500 atv. can you help with that?
JA: What is the model of your '08 motorcycle?
Customer: 2008 Polaris 500 atv, 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can try a few things by myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It starts up good when cold. when I just run on flat ground it seems to be ok but when I put it into 4x4 and climb hills it will stall when I stop or slow down to turn etc. and it will not start back up for about a half hour.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine turns over very well and the battery seems fine.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure there is no damage to the fuel lines or fuel filter as this can cause a fault here.If this is checked and found o.k. check and make sure there is no damage the wiring to the sensors and components on the engine and other components on this model here.If all of this has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete