Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2012 multistrada The issue I'm having is the bike

Customer Question

I have a 2012 multistrada The issue I'm having is the bike will only recognize the remote key fob when it's held close the the windshield where I'm told the antenna is located. Error would say no key but has never said low battery?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is due to an internal electrical fault in the key itself.I have seen issues with the electronic key fail and cause this fault here needing replaced.Most of the time it isnt the electronics in the vehicle but the key itself at fault needing replaced.I would have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete