Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have 2011 Polaris 550 X2. Stuck in Park. Parked on slight

Customer Question

Have 2011 Polaris 550 X2. Stuck in Park. Parked on slight incline, and have since jacked it up now to 1) level it up, and 2) to release any possible binding between front and rear. Tried to shift with engine on and off. Engine runs at 1100-1200 RPM. Put on new bell crank. No play in linkage. Have not been riding in water. Rocked back and forth. Topped up transmission fluid. Depressed rear brake lever and tried to shift. Return spring is good.
Hank
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the shifter itself or transmission internal components causing this fault here.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to correct this fault here.This is usually best done by a dealer or repair center that can work on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** this is the same conclusion I came to after trying all the things noted above. You were basically of no help, but you admitted you had no personal knowledge about this model of ATV. Hank
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome.I posted as I saw no one else had replied with any help here and wanted to see if I could help in any way on this.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete